You’re welcome to buy Amazon gift cards at any time, but did you know you can use your old prepaid Visa gift cards from other stores to buy Amazon cards?
This is particularly helpful if your old card is due to expire or is one of those that is devalued over time.
The minimum required for converting is $0.15.
Here’s how to convert your gift cards to Amazon GC…
- First, check the balance of your gift card (usually there is a number on the back of card that you can call)
- Login to Amazon and click on “Your Account”
- Click “Purchase a Gift Card” under “Payment”
- Choose to send via email (so you can get your code instantly)
- Then simply enter your cards info (number and the security number on the back) and the balance of your card and hit submit.
- You will receive your Amazon code within seconds in your email. To use it, simply go to your account and click on “Apply a Gift Card to Your Account”.
The great thing about this little trick is that your Amazon code will never expire. So you can keep it in your account and use it whenever you actually need it.